There are many ways to get involved as an alumni volunteer. Browse through our volunteer roles below, then fill out and email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating which roles you are interested in.
The Alumni Ambassador Program is a companion program to the Association's chapter network.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Ambassadors are the key resource for all Lakehead alumni in a given region. As such, the AALU will maintain a contact list of all domestic and international Ambassadors on our website, including Ambassador email addresses so you can be contacted.
What do Ambassadors do?
Alumni Ambassadors may be called on to assist with some of the following:
- Host varsity sporting events
- Be the point of contact in your geographic area
- Provide mentoring
- Participate in student recruitment events
Board or Committee Member
There are several boards and committees in the Alumni Association. These alumni groups are full of exceptional leaders and unconventional innovators who contribute to the success of students, alumni and our communities as:
- Champions for enhancing the student experience
- Thought leaders and collaborators
To express interest in a board position, please contact us directly at email@example.com
There are various opportunities to share your knowledge and experience as a Guest Speaker at a University event. You can share your professional insights at a discussion panel or student event, or provide your professional expertise to various recruiting exercises! You can help us by sharing:
- Which style of speaking opportunity is right for you
- Areas of the University wherein your knowledge may be most applicable
- Which medium best suits your topic, style, and area of interest
Many of our alumni volunteers prefer flexibility and individualized opportunities. By connecting with our Alumni Team, you can participate in one-time or casual initiatives that you are most interested in, at times and locations that work for you!
- Support events in your area with set-up or registration
- Connect with your Faculty for unique engagement opportunities or initiatives
- Lend your voice to special topic-based focus groups and discovery sessions